Monday, October 12, 2009

Back to the Daily Grind

School is back in session and fall is in full swing. Yesterday we went to the state fair and it was madness! Insanely huge crowds, thousands of random scents and sounds, and a good bit of fried food has sent my system into something of a shock-- I am enjoying the clear, cool, misty air on campus this morning. There are no startling fair epiphanies to share; only the honey table was really exciting. So I will share a lovely little poem featuring bees:

It's all I have to bring today –
This, and my heart beside –
This, and my heart, and all the fields –
And all the meadows wide –
Be sure you count – should I forget
Some one the sum could tell –
This, and my heart, and all the Bees
Which in the Clover dwell.
-- E.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment